U-7 and U-9
- Learn how to hold a lacrosse stick properly while throwing, catching, shooting and playing defense.
- Know what equipment must be worn and how to put it on, take care of it, carry it etc.
- Understand basic terminology:
- Positions – Goalie, Defense, Midfield, Attack
- Boundaries – endline, sideline, restraining box, midfield line, substitution box.
- Horn! (Let them know they can sub when they hear this.)
- Ball! Release! For GB’s
- Here’s your help!
- Understand basic rules:
- 4 total players back on defensive end, 3 back on offensive end, 3 midfielders.
- Cannot push from behind.
- What is a slash?
- Cannot touch ball with hand.
- When ball is shot, chase it out!
- Goalie has 4 seconds to get rid of the ball.
- Offensive players cannot run into crease.
- Moving picks.
- Understand proper positioning on offense and defense
- Spacing on the field and basic on ball body position.
- Understand how to pick up a GB properly – both butts low!!
The U-11 program will enter with all of the above knowledge and then be taught the following:
- Stick work for both hands – line drills, over the shoulders.
- Understand substitution on the fly.
- Proper 1v1 defense – footwork, angles, checks (pokes / lifts / drive on hips)
- Proper transition defense – learn fast break formation (triangle) and rotation.
- Proper 6v6 defense – make contact when man has the ball, when man does not have ball, get closer to goal as ball gets closer to goal.
- Terminology – Hot, Fire.
- Learn man down defense (House)
- Dodges – roll dodge, face dodge, split dodge.
- Understand where we want to shoot from on the field.
- Proper transition offense – learn fast break formation (L) and the looks.
- Off ball cutting.
- 2-3-1 Offensive formation – what positions belong where.
- Learn Man up formation (3-3)
- Attackmen drop to restraining box and midfielder’s drop to midfield line on rides.
The U-13 program will enter with all of the above knowledge and then be taught the following:
- Slide Package – slide from crease.
- Have help man.
- Double team once we slide – left foot, right foot.
- Value – everyone gets a touch.
- Midfield dodge, adjacent attack cut through, shot or bang ball to X, push opposite side.
- Special Teams (Ride)
- Have one attack pressure ball, all others drop to restraining box and play anyone in front of them.
- Have all middies drop to midfield line and not let anyone behind them.
- Special Teams (Clear)
- Have two defenders on wings, one middie low, one defender at midfield with other middies on either sideline. Get ball to the short stick!!
- Special Teams (Man Up)
- 3-3, step in draw a man and pass.
- Special Teams (Man Down)
- House – know spots and perimeter. How to play cutters.
The U-15 program will enter with all of the above knowledge and then be taught the following:
- Understand slide and recovery.
- Lock off defense (51)
- Zone Defense (House with a crease)
- Run a Long Stick Midfielder.
- Understand once we push the backside, what our looks are – shoot, hit stretching attackmen, hit forward adjacent middie.
- Understand our looks on (attack dodge.) – shot, forward adjacent midfield, curlback throw to our attackmen rotating to X.
- Special Teams
- Understand Box and One concept
- Implement 2 basic, man up plays.